Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ruh-Pig Ruh-Latin

Tonight, silliness prevailed in apartment 2002. All of the roomies got home around the same time and piled on Kristen's bed.  While Jourdan was stealing programs from K-Nast's computer and K-Nast was trying to make her tummy feel better with a hot sock filled with rice (I think it's a Chinese medicinal treatment she picked up while serving in Mexico or maybe China...you pick), I was reading aloud funny excerpts from "A Bunny Tale", the birthday book compilation Jourdan and the contributing friends put together for my birthday earlier this year.  

A little while later, Jourdan and I left to go to a Kathleen Edwards concert (girlfriend can play the guitar and also has a sparkly, flesh colored electric mandolin that my eyes had never before beheld).  After she had played our favorite clever song "come back to me" and finished her set, Jourdan and I got in the car and headed back to our apartment.  On the way home a new language was born.  It's called the language of Ruh.  So if I was writing in ruh it would be like this: "Ruh-the Ruh-concert ruh-was ruh-fun."  If you are not yet able to catch on, don't you ruh-worry, I will periodically give tutorials throughout this blog and you will be fluent before you ruh-know ruh-it! 

Other than language creating, the most brilliant part of our evening had to be when we drove up and parked outside of our apartment and Jourdan suggested we go outside of Kristen's window and mimic the kitty call to see if she noticed.  Jourdan let out the first "HERE KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY," to which I responded with an identical second one.  After a few of those rounds, I told Jourdan to start and then I came in at the same time with a kitty harmony.  Sure enough, we saw the shadow of Kristen come up to her window and peek out of the blinds. Jourdan and I were laughing so hard that my HERE KITTY KITTY KITTIES became slow and interrupted.  We finally saw Kristen's shadow collapse in giggles so we ran around the corner, back into our gate, and up to our apartment with squeals of success.  As we entered into our homestead, K-Nast was still laughing and we had a good time ruh-rehashing the evenings events.  

Well, my brain is pretty tired from language creating and doing puppet shows with our bare hands out of the sun roof to Justin Timberlake while driving through downtown Dallas (forgot to mention that part, just know that it happened and it was awesome -- weird but awesome nontheless) and Kitty calling so my work is done here for now.  Hope this entry today made at least one giggle surface :) 

Ruh-I ruh-mean, ruh-what ruh-if?

Love!


3 comments:

Student Ministry said...

I have used that old "hot rice sock" trick. Picked it up in 'Nam.

linde said...

aww. i love that you pile on the bed and chat...those are the best times:) and i hope to one day witness the cat call. be sure and ask jeff about the kitty call he used to hear during his days on victor! you will ruh-love ruh-it:)

DuckworthFam said...

i will wrap up this tale and put it in my pocket to keep safe...very enjoyable.