Monday, August 31, 2009

Found

He does not need me.  
Yet he chooses to pursue me.  
All of me.  

My heart.  
My mind.  
My being. 

He captivates.  
He takes hold.  
He never lets go.  

And a beautiful thing happens.  
In him, I begin to live.
To move.
To have my being.

All that I thought was lost, is not.
I am completely found.
And known.
And he allows me to be like him.

In his purity.
His compassion.
His love.
His justice.
His grace.
His laughter.
His pain.
His movement.
His mission.

And like the woman caught in adultery, 
He dusts me off,
Looks in my eyes,
and says "Now go, and sin no more."

And I finally begin to get it.
His grace crashes into me.  
Undeserved but finally accepted.

And all things are new.
And I begin to run well,
For I am learning the source of my breath.

Breathe deeply of grace. 
Run purposefully.
Found in him.

I mean, what if?

"For in Him we live and move and have our being..."
Acts 17:28

4 comments:

Courtney said...

love you, sarah. xoxo

Student Ministry said...

i just lost my breath on this one.

Joy said...

Love your mind, love your heart, love you!
Mama

julie said...

sometimes you make me cry!